Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1710450050@f1.n250.z2.fidonet.org>

From: nospam.Vincent.Coen@f1.n250.z2.fidonet.org (Vincent Coen)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Backup power supply
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:00:49 +1300

Hello Mike!

Wednesday March 13 2024 18:47, you wrote to me:

 > On 13/03/2024 03:32, Vincent Coen wrote:
 >> systems I use APC smart UPS's connect to a large adaptor block that
 >> hold around 9 sockets with the APC unit being 1000Va.  I did have a
 >> 2k2 VA but the

 > And what's the standby current of such a UPS?

Standby ?

Assuming it is fully charged which would be normal (assuming no outage in the
preceding 2 - 3 hours 95% or better.

Otherwise do you mean the estimated run time if so then system under power in
watts per
hour under the rated size - 25%  so lets say :

750 w
----  = 150 = long time :)
5 w

Also e.g., my desktop / server system with an estimated consumption of 250w
(and it is lower as using modular PSU, 85% eff or better )  would be around 3
hours but that assumes there is nothing else under load and there is such as::
Router
Baby Hub
Monitor ( but only when I am using it )
Telephone systems including VOIP adaptor
Residual loading - not known as  no means to test it.

Total time with a 25% battery remaining around 90 minutes allowing for 7
minutes to shut down and battery remaining of around 22-23 % approx.

If I am present when power goes I can shutdown the monitor and let it does its
thing if battery drops to predetermined amount of 25%.
That said during the cold months (UK wise) and I am around I will manually
shutdown after 15 minutes and transfer the UPS o/p to the C.H. and turn it on
in which case over 24 hours runtime, but so far has never got any where near
it
before power is restored. My old house in a village power outs could be longer
and hence the reason for 2 x 2.2Kva UPS's. ( Also smart models ).

Gave me enough time to power up my ex-mil generator if needed but it was a
petrol model so did go through it - petrol I mean so had to keep a few jerry
cans filled with fresh fuel as a JIC.

Vincent