Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1b954e9d-0171-4ccd-aa42-4f8b8b7ecbecn@googlegroups.com>

Newsgroups: fr.rec.arts.musique.pratique
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:42:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Mac OS X Lion Retail Bootable Iso
From: Lou Knackstedt <knackstedtlou272@gmail.com>

My DVD burner on the Win7 office PC is non-functional, so when I downloaded=
 a Linux .iso to burn, I turned to my Macbook Pro. Simple... insert DVD, Di=
sk Utility, choose the .iso and burn. It worked ... but not the way I plann=
ed. Instead of a bootable disk, I got a perfect copy of the .iso ! What was=
 wrong? I'm posting this in hopes of helping the next guy avoid the  2 hrs.=
 of search through forums everywhere to find the right answer.

Mac OS X Lion Retail Bootable Iso
Download https://teczbrenphodi.blogspot.com/?file=3D2wIcOF

Really good info. I had forgotten that burning an ISO does not make it boot=
able. Doing (above) this makes it possible to burn WIN7 etc to a disc that =
will boot and install on a PC and presumably with Bootcamp etc. Thanks.

I was following your post, unfortunately my disk is still not bootable :/ .=
cdr, .iso , or even a disk with all files unpacked won't automatically boot=
, when I need it. Now I am stuck with an empty hard drive, still searching =
for solution.

This is the correct method for burning a bootable ISO. Excellent tutorial! =
For those that are still having issues, change the burn speed from fastest =
possible to 4 and it should work fine. this is the problem 95% of the time.

Two Ways to Create a macOS Sierra Thumb Drive - An archived tutorial from T=
he Verdict (no longer online) that explains how to create a bootable macOS =
Sierra USB flash drive for a Hackintosh with Terminal and Clover.

Create a Bootable OS X El Capitan Thumb Drive - A detailed tutorial from Ar=
sTechnica that covers how to create a bootable OS X El Capitan USB flash dr=
ive for a Hackintosh (or a Mac) using the DiskMaker X app.

Create a Bootable OS X 10.9 Mavericks Thumb Drive - An ArsTechnica tutorial=
 that explains how to create a bootable OS X Mavericks USB flash drive for =
a Hackintosh (or a Mac) with the excellent DiskMaker X.

Create a Bootable OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion USB Drive - A detailed ArsTechnic=
a piece to create a bootable OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" USB flash drive for =
a Hackintosh (or a Mac) using the helpful DiskMaker X app.

Lion may be the first release of the Mac OS to be delivered as a digital do=
wnload, but there has been a circulating method to burn the Lion download o=
nto a bootable DVD. The process still works for the Golden Master version o=
f Lion and is a pretty straightforward process for Mac users who are comfor=
table making their way around the Finder.

2. Reason for logging into windows is snow or lion freezes without DSDT.aml=
 in place ( you may also face this problem while installing lion so place D=
SDT.aml in root of the bootable usb drive or DVD before burning u can do th=
is using transmac)

just use a mac os x lion retail bootable iso dvd, if it freezes while insta=
lling try to place the DSDT.aml in the root of the dvd using transmac and t=
hen burn it to DVD. hopefully it works. if ur still finding problems then i=
 recommend u to intall snow leopard first, u can use the iFail s3 v2.

As far as I know, the only way to properly create a bootable Lion disc/disk=
 is to use Disk Utility on a working Mac. However, the other option is to u=
se a Virtualbox VM to run OS X temporarily (scroll down for that info).

Hit the Options button under the partition table and choose "GUID Partition=
 Table". You'll need this to make the drive bootable on a Mac. Hit the Appl=
y button when you're done to format your drive (note: it will erase everyth=
ing on the drive).

Creating a GPT partition to build a Mac OS X bootable drive on Windows 10Af=
ter you complete the steps, the USB flash drive from MBR to GPT format, you=
 can use the steps below to create a bootable USB installation media to ins=
tall Mac OS X.

Use the Restore Disk Image to Drive dialog box to browse for the DMG file w=
ith the installation files for Mac OS X Yosemite in this case, and click th=
e OK button to create a bootable USB of the operating system.

Once your bootable USB installation media is ready, remove it and insert it=
 into your Mac, power it on, hold down the Option key, and select the USB y=
ou just created to reinstall Mac OS X.

Among exclusive mac OS x releases, mac os lion download is a broadly used r=
unning system. Supplying stability, safety and better compatibility feature=
s. With icloud guide, the users can effortlessly synchronize information an=
d get several cloud capabilities. Store records at the cloud and get immedi=
ate access to the content from anywhere.

A sleeker and interactive consumer interface gives extra comfort to the cus=
tomers to perform every day tasks. additionally, various enhancements insid=
e the OS makes it a higher environment than the preceding release os x lion=
 dmg. the icloud is able to keep the contacts, emails, calendars, bookmarks=
 and other facts. furthermore, it provides a far flung get entry to to the =
mac from another mac using the net so the users can get get entry to to the=
 statistics from anywhere are nicely as easily share the facts while needed=
.. You can also download MacOS Mojave 10.14 DMG.

macOS x lion 10.7 is that the most up-to-date rendition of Mac with new hig=
hlights. Nonetheless, this refresh will keep running on Mac 2012 or later f=
orms. On the off chance that you simply are running macOS X lion 10.7 or pr=
ior, you need to probably move up to the foremost recent rendition of mac o=
s x lion 10.7 from the App Store.

A bootable macOS (previously, OS X) install disk is a portable device conta=
ining all the necessary installation files for a selected version of macOS.=
 Why would you want to create an external boot drive for your Mac?

You can create a bootable installer for any operating system if you have th=
e right installer. In older versions of macOS, you could find all the previ=
ous installers in the list of purchased apps in your App Store account.

The guide will show you how to make a bootable Lion OS X image that can be =
used on VMware or any Intel-based physical computer. I managed to install M=
ac 10.7 Lion onto my Windows 7 32-bit by following the steps in this articl=
e!if(typeof ez_ad_units!=3D'undefined')ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'sysprob=
s_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',105,'0','0']);__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-a=
d-sysprobs_com-medrectangle-3-0');NOTE: The guide you are reading now was p=
ublished over ten years ago. But if your goal is still installing older ver=
sions of Mac OS X on old hardware, then this article will be invaluable for=
 helping get the job done!

Now you already have the .iso image, with which you will make the LiveUSB. =
Several tools and answers exist to help you create bootable USB drives, som=
e are specific to PC/MBR booting (Bootcamp) where Macs and newer PCs since =
Windows 8 require/support UEFI booting.

I tried to do this to make a bootable USB stick to install OSX on a recentl=
y rePaired iMac that had a dead drive. I have another mac but it is PowerPC=
 and unfortunately the createinstallmedia command only works on an Intel ma=
c ?

Creating a bootable USB drive and using it to reinstall macOS is a bit of a=
 lengthier process compared to simply updating macOS from the Software Upda=
te section of the System Preferences, but it has its benefits.

But creating a bootable USB disk allows you to install or update macOS on m=
ultiple systems without having to download the installer on each Mac. This =
can save quite a bit of time, considering the most recent versions of macOS=
 have an installer size of 12GB.

Another benefit of using a bootable disk for a macOS installation is that y=
ou can perform a clean installation. A clean installation allows you to get=
 rid of junk apps and files that may have accumulated over time. This almos=
t always results in a Mac running faster after a clean install, since macOS=
 has started over with a clean slate.

In the event that you are already running the latest version of macOS, you =
might not see the option to download the installer in System Preferences. I=
n that case, use the App Store method detailed above. This will force Syste=
m Preferences to download the installer, which you can then use to create t=
he bootable disk.

Terminal offers the easiest way to create your bootable USB drive to instal=
l macOS. Just replace the MyVolume portion of the commands below with the n=
ame you gave your drive in the Disk Utility step above.

Take note that the commands differ slightly for creating bootable USBs for =
different versions of macOS. If you are going to create a bootable drive fo=
r macOS Monterey, use the command below as it is. Otherwise, replace Monter=
ey with the macOS version name (for example Mojave).

Copy and paste the command you need above into your Terminal window and pre=
ss the Return key. After entering your password, confirm you want to erase =
the USB drive by typing Y followed by Return. Terminal will now erase and c=
reate your bootable USB drive, ready for you to boot from.

To start we'll want to grab ourselves a copy of macOS. You can skip this an=
d head to formatting the USB if you're just making a bootable OpenCore stic=
k and not an installer. For everyone else, you can either download macOS fr=
om the App Store or with Munki's script.

When your small business creates a bootable disk for its Mac computers from=
 ISO disk images, there's a difference between an ISO file and the disk ima=
ge it contains. If you burn the file to a blank disk with a burn folder, yo=
u'll be left with a non-bootable CD with a copy of the file on it. By using=
 Apple's Disk Utility software, you can burn the contents of the ISO file a=
nd create a bootable disk.
 eebf2c3492