Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20230305180851.0caff19347fe97fb470a2f73@none.net>

From: Nic <Nic@none.net>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Is it possible to roll back Thunderbird in LM?
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 18:08:51 -0500

On Sun, 5 Mar 2023 14:43:16 -0800
Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote:

> Nic wrote:
> > The last one I did the .ppa method,
>
> The .ppa one will show up in your synaptic.
>
> > the one before last was in my software update manager.
>
> The software manager shows both conventional .deb packages and flatpaks.
>
> > My thinking is to totally remove every vestige of TB and find an
> > earlier version that did not give be problems.
>
> An important consideration about Tb is that just installing a different
> version does NOT solve many problems which are likely to reside in the
> profiles dir.  Tb is /designed/ to continue to use the same profile when
> a new/different v. is installed.
>
> What kind of problems are you trying to solve?
>

> --
> Mike Easter

It seems that in usenet when I reply to a message, sometime it is recorded in my Local/Sent/Folder but never shows up at the news-server, other times the reply does not even get recorded in the sent folder or show up at the news server. I never get an error message so if I did not check I would never know this is happening, other than my reply not showing up in the thread. I ran Clam AV on the .thunderbird folder it came up clean. I have resorted to using Sylpheed which does not behave this way.
--
Nic <Nic@none.net>