Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<2avpri5dd1jrk5eg1aiv5oh9q0l2k08jtu@4ax.com>

From: John B. Smith <crasso@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Drive problem on Win11 (0/1)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:42:09 -0500

On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 13:12:37 -0000, Philip Herlihy
<PhillipHerlihy@SlashDevNull.invalid> wrote:

>In article <4ekoriph5t5oi5qshi13pa9sntkce639f8@4ax.com>, John B. Smith wrote...
>>
>> My niece, on the other coast from me, bought this pc off Amazon.
>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09THKWSLK/?coliid=I342C77KN21XHP&colid=3GV1V3NEYRX9O&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
>>
>> Says she's run out of space on Windows, C: 465gig and can't figure out
>> how to use her drive D:  She's sent me some pictures I'll try to
>> include them as attachments (never tried that before) That drive D
>> doesn't show up in Disc Management. The other pic, looks like from
>> FileExplorer shows bunches of drives, including D: What's going on?
>
>Why not use Quick Assist to have a look?
>
>She may need to install it from the Microsoft Store, but that's easy enough.
>She may need to weed junk files (drive properties, General, Disk Cleanup) to
>get enough space to install it.
>
>Once installed, tell her to tap the Windows key and start typing QUICK ... and
>it'll appear as an option to be clicked.  She "gets" help and you "give" it -
>you'll need to log on with a Microsoft Account to generate the necessary code.
>She has to "allow" your access.  Then click "take control", and she has to
>approve/allow/ok that (whatever).  Then you can fool around with her machine as
>though you were in front of it.

Interesting idea BUT
I'm not allowing ANYONE to screw around on my machine, so I really
don't feel confident enough to poke around on hers long-distance.
She's really not a dummy like I have seemed to make her sound. She's
very bright, and mostly bed-ridden and not into hardware. "I don't
know what a  drive bay is" she complained about my meanderings.