Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<3l2qritkt4bci9src1ud674aai0sgqc9vv@4ax.com>

From: John B. Smith <crasso@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Drive problem on Win11 (0/1) - error feb 2 2024.jpg (0/1)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 10:35:42 -0500

On Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:42:09 -0500, John B. Smith <crasso@verizon.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 13:12:37 -0000, Philip Herlihy
><PhillipHerlihy@SlashDevNull.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <4ekoriph5t5oi5qshi13pa9sntkce639f8@4ax.com>, John B. Smith wrote...
>>>
>>> My niece, on the other coast from me, bought this pc off Amazon.
>>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09THKWSLK/?coliid=I342C77KN21XHP&colid=3GV1V3NEYRX9O&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it
>>>
>>> Says she's run out of space on Windows, C: 465gig and can't figure out
>>> how to use her drive D:  She's sent me some pictures I'll try to
>>> include them as attachments (never tried that before) That drive D
>>> doesn't show up in Disc Management. The other pic, looks like from
>>> FileExplorer shows bunches of drives, including D: What's going on?
>>
>>Why not use Quick Assist to have a look?
>>
>>She may need to install it from the Microsoft Store, but that's easy enough.
>>She may need to weed junk files (drive properties, General, Disk Cleanup) to
>>get enough space to install it.
>>
>>Once installed, tell her to tap the Windows key and start typing QUICK ... and
>>it'll appear as an option to be clicked.  She "gets" help and you "give" it -
>>you'll need to log on with a Microsoft Account to generate the necessary code.
>>She has to "allow" your access.  Then click "take control", and she has to
>>approve/allow/ok that (whatever).  Then you can fool around with her machine as
>>though you were in front of it.
>
>Interesting idea BUT
>I'm not allowing ANYONE to screw around on my machine, so I really
>don't feel confident enough to poke around on hers long-distance.
>She's really not a dummy like I have seemed to make her sound. She's
>very bright, and mostly bed-ridden and not into hardware. "I don't
>know what a  drive bay is" she complained about my meanderings.

I'm going to try to include another of her attachments, could you do
your magic Paul?
Apparently my tip to right click Start to get to DiscManagement paid
off? Anyway she now see's drive D: When she attempts to copy into D:
she gets that error message. I suggested she copy something less that
22gig at a chunk and see if it'll go.