Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<49394b79-fca4-4ce8-a995-9f800abce37cn@googlegroups.com>

Newsgroups: fr.lettres.langue.anglaise
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:55:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?aGlzdG9yeSwgdGhhdOKAmXMgdHJ1ZSA/?=
From: "pti...@gmail.com" <ptilou@gmail.com>

dear=20

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth, on this continent=
, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that=
 all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or an=
y nation so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a g=
reat battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that f=
ield, as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives, that th=
at nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do=
 this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate we can n=
ot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, =
have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world w=
ill little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forge=
t what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here=
 to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly a=
dvanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaini=
ng before us that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to tha=
t cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion - that w=
e here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain that this=
 nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government =
of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the ear=
th.

=E2=80=94=20
ptilou