Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<621caab2$0$21035$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 18:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: georgia fans drive ticket prices up more than any fan base in the country....
From: michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>

On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 10:10:10 AM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> On Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 11:39:38 PM UTC-5, miande...@gmail.com wrot=
e:=20
> > happens year after year.=20
> >=20
> > So my lake place is 25 miles from Jordan Hare, so I promised to take my=
 nephew(emerging 10 year old UGA fan from georgia) to the Auburn-Georgia ga=
me.=20
> >=20
> > It's a good game. But it's not like a great game, and nobody would be s=
urprised if georgia won by 3 or more tds.=20
> >=20
> > And yet the *cheapest* decent tickets are close to 300 dollars per tick=
et. And I don't mean between the 45's first level. I mean the best deals ar=
ound the 15 yard line first level are 285+. Thats not including the fees.=
=20
> >=20
> > Actually, there aren't that many games in the country every year that h=
ave an average ticket price of 300+, and it seems like Georgia is in half o=
f them every year.=20
> >=20
> > I know it's auburn fans because last time I was there(also took my neph=
ew) it must have been 15% UGA easy...and I don't mean just the UGA visiting=
 section. I mean it was easily 15%+ UGA in the rest of the stadium. I also =
know it's not Auburn because tickets for solid Auburn non-Bama games don't =
command these sorts of numbers.=20
> >=20
> > Plus there was the famous ND game in south bend 4 years ago. Famous for=
 UGA(nebraska did something similar but to a lesser extent) literally bring=
ing 40k people and setting a regular season average ticket price record(jus=
t blowing it away actually). Then that very same year UGA fans drove up pri=
ces to the national title game vs Bama.......Devonte got'em back though in =
the end:)=20
> >=20
> > I think it's a combination of several factors:=20
> > 1) UGA fans are obviously insanely hungry for a national title since it=
's been since 1980=20
> > 2) the team is really damn good and has been good the last several year=
s under smart=20
> > 3) When consider the massive atlanta suburbs, it seems UGA has a lot la=
rger base of professional fans willing to fork out this sort of money for t=
ickets. Tons of doctors and dentists who went to UGA for undergrad. They ar=
en't super rich, but make enough to drop a couple k in ticket costs to a go=
od game for the family.=20
> >=20
> > But damn if it doesn't drive up the price when I want to take Nicholas =
to a game like this.
> It's free for you. Just get a couple of tickets and bet enough on the gam=
e to make up the 6 units.

true.....good point.

Now my sister wants me to buy her a ticket as well lol....it never stops.