Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<710719680@f1.n770.z14867.fidonet.org>

From: nospam.Richard.Falken@f1.n770.z14867.fidonet.org (Richard Falken)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: Backup power supply
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 14:46:53 +1300

  Re: Re: Backup power supply
  By: Mike Scott to Joe on Thu Mar 14 2024 04:32 pm

 > Somehow that makes no sense to me..... current 650 is £227 (maybe plus
 > VAT) on the APC website. 5 times the cost of the Pi. I'm sure it's a
 > very nice UPS, but.... ???

Well, any battery (without controllers or anything, just the battery) is going
to be expensive as heck. I think the trick is using the same battery for a
bunch of mini-appliances so you don't feel stupid spending many hundred bucks
for backing a single machine worth 30 bucks...

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken