Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<712375778@f1.n770.z14973.fidonet.org>

From: nospam.Richard.Falken@f1.n770.z14973.fidonet.org (Richard Falken)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Fwd: Backup power supply
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 18:46:45 +1300

  Re: Fwd: Backup power supply
  By: Lars Poulsen to Ahem A Rivet's Shot on Fri Apr 05 2024 02:08 pm

 > I read this and feel first-world superiority for having last year
 > installed a 14kW Generac system, powered by our municipal natural gas
 > supply. In case of a power outage, it kicks in within about 10 seconds.

My house is completly offgriddable because it has a 6 kW PV array, a 6kW diesel
generator and a battery bank worth 15 kWh (which is way more electricity than
my house uses up in a day).

Switching power sources caries 0 downtime. The controller is automatable.

I'd argue something like this is the proper way of running an uninterrupted
supply of power for home but I also think this is way out of the scope of the
discussion. Nobody in their right mind spend 20 kilobucks in a supply system
for a computer worth 80 bucks.
--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken