Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<99428a5c9e6d6602d47a592bdf159dfc@dizum.com>

From: D <J@M>
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Censorship is good,
 actually. If you don't like that fact,
 maybe you should commit some client-side censorship,
 otherwise known as the killfile.
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 22:38:12 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp

On Sun, 21 Apr 2024 10:42:19 +0100, snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>> On 21.04.2024 um 09:45 Uhr Sn!pe wrote:
>> > I find it hard to believe that genuine new users of Usenet might
>> > sincerely hold such regressive, trollish views.  If "cancel culture"
>> > takes root in Usenet one might as well be on Twitter.
>>
>> In my age group (Gen Z), such views are widespread.
>
>"I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend
> to the death your right to say it."  -- ascribed to Voltaire

"Monsieur l' abbe,      je deteste ce   que   vous ecrivez, mais je donnerai
 My sire  of the abbey, I  detest  that which you  write,   but  I  would donate

 ma vie  pour que  vous puissiez           continuer   a  ecrire."
 my life for  that you  have the puissance to continue to write.

 --from a quotation by Norbert Guterman, editor of 'A Book of French
   Quotations', alleged to be from an original Voltaire letter dated
   6 Feurier 1771 to M. le Riche (possibly apocryphal, non sequitur).