Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<WPTulTEkrWHmFwYa@ku.gro.lloiff>

From: Adrian <bulleid@ku.gro.lioff>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: What do I need to go with a Pi 4
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 18:59:00 +0100

In message <Q1Um1HLk7VGmFwj8@ku.gro.lloiff>, Adrian
<bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> writes
>In message <BgBGXbDiy9FmFwYk@ku.gro.lloiff>, Adrian
><bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> writes
>>Pi4, power supply and HDMI lead on order.  I was hoping that they
>>would arrive today, but DHL seem to think that they would prefer to
>>spend their day at their local depot.
>>

>After spending a day at the depot, it was sent out for delivery today.
>According to the 07:58 email, it should have been with me between 10:19
>and 11:19.  According to the tracking site, at 10:30 I was the next
>drop. At 14:20 I gave up waiting and went out.  Parcel arrived at
>14:40, and was left next to the front door, fortunately not obvious
>from the road.
>
>Work is now underway to install the software etc. on the new Pi.
>
>Thanks again for all the help.
>
>Adrian

Noting the discussions elsewhere on the thread, I though the following
might be useful.  I take various readings every minute including the CPU
temperature, the ambient temperature and the CPU loading.  Having now
had the Pi4 installed in its new home, the following is from the first
full 24 hour period (min max mean) :

CPU Temp        36.5    51.1    41.1
Ambient temp    12.7    18.5    15.6
CPU load %      0.00    1.31    0.09

It will be interesting to see how that works out over a longer period.

Performance wise, it is a vast improvement.  Prior to the upgrade on
matplotlib, I had one job running every 10 minutes, taking 5-6 minutes
(11-12 minutes post software upgrade).  That now runs in under 1 minute.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops