Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<kZiBc.103407$Gx4.18142@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>

From: "Peter Olcott" <olcott@worldnet.att.net>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Alan Turing's Halting Problem is incorrectly formed (PART-TWO)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:31:12 GMT

Below is the link from which I am basing my discussion.
http://www.netaxs.com/people/nerp/automata/halting2.html

Because of all of the dialogue of the other threads on this
subject I am able to state my position much more clearly.
Below is the best example yet of the proof of my point.

PREMISES:
(1) The Halting Problem was specified in  such a way that a solution
was defined to be impossible.

(2) The set of questions that are defined to not have any possible
correct answer(s) forms a proper subset of all possible questions.

(3) Some questions that belong to this set are ill-formed.
      (Example: What are the colors of the flag of the United States
      of America in dollars and cents?)

(4) All the questions of this set have analogous properties such that
if one question of this set is ill-formed, then all questions of this set
are ill-formed.

CONCLUSION:
Therefore the Halting Problem is an ill-formed question.