Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<okfar6$h54$1@dont-email.me>

From: mike <ham789@netzero.net>
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.tech
Subject: How do you clean a Mikuni   BS28  CV carburetor USA model?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 02:19:08 -0700

How do you clean a Mikuni   BS28  CV carburetor USA model?

I bought a 2007 Kawasaki Eliminator 125 (BN125-A8) with 423 miles on it
that had been sitting garaged for 5 years.
I drained the carb and tank.  I was amazed at how clean the effluent
was.
But it's running very lean and changing characteristics.
Needs to be cleaned.

This carb is 30 years newer than my previous experience
and has pollution control stuff on it.

Normally, I'd just disassemble it, shoot it full of B12  Chemtool
and stick it in the ultrasonic cleaner.

This carb has a plastic main jet piston and rubber diaphragms
on the piston and the coasting enricher.
The manual also mentions that there are non-removable plastic parts
inside and warns about harsh chemicals with no actual guidance
on where those parts are or what chemicals are permissible/safe.

B12 Chemtool contains all manner of chemicals including
Toluene and Acetone.  I'm afraid to put that in this
carb.

I have to remove a bunch of stuff to get at the carb on this
bike.  I don't want to do it more than once.
Yes, I did buy a fuel filter.

So, what chemicals and methods does one use to clean
this carb without destroying it?

Is there anything safe and effective to add to gas?
SeaFoam gets a lot of hype  Mostly Naptha.
Just pouring something into the gas is a lot more
attractive than disassembly, if I could be confident
that it wouldn't hurt anything.