Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<qnbhi9$fu8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Paul <nospam@needed.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: PDF editor needed, free and local software
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2019 21:55:22 -0400

Stan Brown wrote:
> Howdy! I have a need to remove pages from some PDFs before I send
> them to come companies.
>
> I have looked at "best free PDF editor sites", but all of them point
> to various web sites. These documents are contain information like my
> name, address, date of birth, and bank account numbers, so I really
> don't want to upload them to some web site.
>
> Does anyone know of an free software that can edit PDF on a whole-
> page basis, strictly on my local Windows 7 PC? My immediate need is
> just to be able to remove individual pages, but it would be nice if
> the software could split PDFS or append one to another as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> If there's no software, Plan B is to print the pages I want to send
> and make a new PDF from scratch.
>
> (I thought Irfanview could do this, but I tried updating to the
> current version and it can't. It can create a PDF, but not edit one.)

https://www.mupdf.com/downloads/index.html

https://www.mupdf.com/docs/manual-mutool-merge.html

    # Example: reverse a four page document

    mutool merge -o reverse.pdf in.pdf 4 in.pdf 3 in.pdf 2 in.pdf 1

    # Example: knock out the middle two pages in a six page PDF

    mutool merge -o knock.pdf in.pdf 1-2,5-6

The result looks like this:

https://i.postimg.cc/hGZ9DYsV/mutool-merge.gif

There are (naturally) going to be documents which are
better off edited in GUI-based tools. For example, if
you have a document which mixes page sizes, I wouldn't
expect such a simple-minded command line tool to pass the
test. But if the pages are uniform in size with no
rotation tricks, it's probably going to work.

    Paul