Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<s89fma$sh1$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: Posting with slrn AND nano
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 23:28:10 -0000 (UTC)

On 2021-05-21, Lewis <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:
> In message <s88h9b$upr$2@dont-email.me> RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't either — I use the jstar "flavor" of joe (Joe's Own Editor).
>>>
>>> Somehow I figured out the following line (which works for me).
>>>
>>> set editor_command "jstar +%d '%s'"
>>>
>>> At this point I don't know what "+%d" and "'%s'" do — I would have to look
>>> it up again. I don't have to worry about the 72 character line, as jstar
>>> just brings in its own settings from its own .jstarc configuration file. I
>>> don't know right now where the cursor goes when I do a follow up — I'll have
>>> to check that out and report back. Wherever it ends up I'm used to what it
>>> does.
>>>
>>> Sorry I can't be any more help. I've tried nano but could never get "into
>>> it."
>
>> Just checked, my cursor does stay between the response and he header. So I
>> guess that's built into jstar (somehow).
>
> It is probably the +%d, but I do not have joe installed on any machine
> and I can’t be arsed looking up a man page online.

You were right — "%d — number of the first line of the message body"
(Don't know what the plus sign does.)

%s is for the file name.

So could the original poster also use the +%d (or just %d) for nano?

--
Saudis bomb & starve Yemeni civilians: (crickets)
Yemenis attack Saudi oil facilities: TERRORISM!