Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<si4lju.ajs.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: weird freeze up problem
Date: 18 Sep 2021 10:21:28 GMT

T <T@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> W10-pro-21H1
>
> I have a customer that RDP's from home into work.
> I set it up.
>
> His work computer seizes up only after he leaves
> work.
>
> Folks that have rebooted it for him say the monitor
> is blank.  Mouse and keyboard are dead.  Computer's
> lights are on.

  How do/can they know/tell the mouse and keyboard are dead when the
monitor is blank? Or do you mean that the mouse and keyboard do not
'wake'/'unblank' the display?

  FWIW, I have a similar scenario - blank display, can not 'wake'/
'unblank' display with mouse or keyboard - with a laptop, but I *can*
connect to it (via TeamViewer). When I connect via TeamViewer, the
display 'wakes'/unblanks' and the problem is 'gone', till the next time.

> They hold the power button in for four
> seconds to turn it off, then they re-power.
>
> I see the power restored and the grip about flipping
> the switch in the criticals of his system log.  There
> are NO OTHER CRITICALS!
>
> The log does not show that he powered off.
>
> Who Crashed shows nothing.
>
> His power is set to never turn off.
>
> His screen saver is off.

  Does he have a screen *lock*, which blanks the display after some
time?

> Fast Boot (Fast Startup) is off
>
> All his programs are up to date (SUMo) and his
> Windows updates are installed properly.
>
> CPU Fan shows his temperature is perfect

  In a later response you say he shuts the door when he leaves. If you
suspect temperature problems, SpeedFan can log to a file.