Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<slrnsapom6.7fn.theise@panix2.panix.com>

From: Ted Heise <theise@panix.com>
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: [slrn] Test for slrn IRC channel...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 11:43:02 +0000 (UTC)

On 24 May 2021 23:41:40 GMT,
  andrew <andrew@skamandros.invalid> wrote:
>  Pending JED being happy and also pending final approval by the
>  new Libera.Chat admins I have created #slrn on libera. The old
>  #slrn on Freenode was registered by Michael Prokop but has not
>  seen much action for a long time. So perhaps this will be
>  useful?
>
>  I will keep it going for a few weeks anyway and see if it
>  addresses a need. Details for about the new libera IRC servers,
>  and connecting with SASL, can be found here:
>
>  https://libera.chat/
>
>  Perhaps see you there?

Nice idea, Andrew.  I tried the following:

bash-5.1$ irc -R irc.libera.chat:6697
*** Connecting to port 6667 of server irc.freenode.net

and it just stalled there.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
It's been ages since I poked around on irc, so the process is no
longer familiar.

To be honest, I'm not sure the user base is large enough to
generate any worthwhile traffic.  I'm a longtime user, but with
precious little time these days for things like irc chat.

--
Ted Heise      <theise@panix.com>       West Lafayette, IN, USA