Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<t0299n$2vog1$1@news.trigofacile.com>

From: Bob La Londe <none@none.com99>
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Re: Indispensable, but ALWAYS IN THE WAY
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 10:06:32 -0700

On 3/18/2022 2:34 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "Jim Wilkins"  wrote in message news:t11pnb$ikk$1@dont-email.me...
>
> "Bob La Londe"  wrote in message news:t10p75$at1$1@dont-email.me...
>
> I would love to have a fork lift. Yep, they are not free.
> ----------------------
>
> I happened to stop at a couple of second-hand machinery dealers today.
> Compact manual lifts ran $2500 ~$3500 for electric pallet forklifts to
> ~$600 (half new price) for a hand truck with a hydraulic lift platform.

I do have slip on pallet forks for my tractor loader.  The bucket is
rated for 750lbs, easily manages 1000s, and can tilt back 1500-2000
after the main hydraulics are fully loaded.  I unloaded my 1440 lathe
and my 48" Tennsmith brake with it using that last method.  Full load
the main hydraulic, and then tilt back the bucket tilt hydraulic.  The
tractor is to big to maneuver in the shop.  Usually I can lift off a
piece of equipment and tote it around the shop on the pallet jack.  It
also doesn't really reach high enough for putting stuff up high in the
shop (16ft eve height).

https://www.avg.com