Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<t0l57e$tvt$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] Rotten Tomatoes: "Paddington 2" better than "Citizen Kane"
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:10:30 +1200

Not difficult since "Citizen Kane" is a typical "classic" ...
b-o-r-i-n-g garbage. A Teletubbies movie could easily beat it.

From TheBrag.com ...

    Rotten Tomatoes declares 'Paddington 2'
    a better film than 'Citizen Kane'
    ---------------------------------------
    Paddington 2 has replaced Citizen Kane on Rotten Tomatoes as
    the best-rated film of all time, finally.

    Orsen Welles 1941 classic was knocked off its perch on Tuesday.
    The culprit? a negative review from the Chicago Tribune's Mae
    Tinee, titled  "Citizen Kane Fails to Impress Critic as
    Greatest Ever Filmed," from 80 years ago was unearthed. Oh yes
    baby, this kind of pettiness is the elixir of youth. Read an
    excerpt of the review below:

        "You've heard a lot about this picture and I see by
         the ads that some experts think it 'the greatest
         movie ever made.' I don't. It's interesting. It's
         different. In fact, it's bizarre enough to become
         a museum piece. But its sacrifice of simplicity to
         eccentricity robs it of distinction and general
         entertainment value."

    The Chicago Tribune takedown marks the only negative review of
    Citizen Kane of the 116 featured on the critical aggregation
    website. However, it was enough to usurp the film from it's
    100% perfect status, to a 99% adequate production. Paul King's
    2017 sequel to the beloved Paddington franchise, however,
    remains a pristine touchstone of cinema.

    I am fond of both films, though I will pose a question: which
    is the movie you're coming back to when you're in need of
    cheering up? Do you find joy in the downfall of an egomaniac
    publishing magnate or is it the kind-hearted adventures of a
    clumsy little marmalade-loving bear that reminds you how
    beautiful and silly life can be?

<https://thebrag.com/rotten-tomatoes-declares-paddington-2-a-better-film-than-citizen-kane/>