Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<tru50j1qovutqhdp3j0f6fra0f7dvb2vlq@4ax.com>

From: "floffy@gallaxial.com" <floffy@gallaxial.com>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: News server for Windows. (was: INN 2.x FAQ)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 12:46:17 -0400

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:17:38 -0000 (UTC), candycanearter07
<candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:

>Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote at 10:56 this Tuesday (GMT):
>> floffy@gallaxial.com <floffy@gallaxial.com> wrote:
>>
>> [Probably about INN 2.X:]
>>
>>> Does have a fork for windows , i am very not good in linux ....
>>
>>   What do you want to use it for?
>>
>>   If it's just for your personal use, not to also offer access for
>> others, you might consider Hamster, which is a personal news server,
>> which sits between your newsreader and your 'real' (NSP, News Service
>> Provider) news server.
>>
>>   Hamster is very old (2006) software, but it works just fine. This
>> response is posted to/by Hamster running on my Winddows 11 laptop.
>>
>> 'Hamster "Classic"'
>><http://www.tglsoft.de/freeware_hamster.html>
>>
>>   This webpage is in German, but Google Translate can translate that for
>> you, if needed.
>>
>>   And maybe there are still other sites for Hamster, maybe also for
>> other (than the "Classic") versions.
>>
>>   HTH.
>

>If you want to try a more complex (and powerful) fetcher, you could also
>try setting up leafnode.

Yes, But i am not a user of Linux other wise long time i will change to it
Command line on linus , i do not known What to write , how to write
how to install where to install (Handle it) etc ....

-
telnet://gallaxial.com      BBS
irc://gallaxial.com         IRC With Service
http://gallaxial.com:33333  Old Fashon torrent Tracker
ftp://gallaxial.com         FTP server fidonet files +++
http://gallaxial.com:88     Web-FTP
-