Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<up9ve1$roj9$1@dont-email.me>

From: James Kuyper <jameskuyper@alumni.caltech.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c
Subject: Re: A request, and a question
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 23:54:25 -0500

On 1/28/24 16:17, Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2024 12:13:47 -0800
> Tim Rentsch <tr.17687@z991.linuxsc.com> wrote:
>> Second item:  I have the impression that in the last month or so
>> there have been a handful of postings from James Kuyper, in each
>> case intended as a direct response to a posting of mine, but not
>> threaded as a followup posting in the usual newsgroup way.  Do
>> other people also see this?  Or more directly, is there someone
>> who can offer an independent verification of such postings?  If
>> it is happening, does anyone have an idea what might be causing
>> it?
>
> James himself explains it in  <uop3fd$1d8ao$1@dont-email.me> .And it is
> an example of an incorrectly threaded message : his quotations show that
> it is meant as a direct response to you but the last item in
> James.

Those links don't work for me. They are interpreted as mailto:// links,
and the link itself says not to mail them. I don't know what to do with
them, and neither do Thunderbird or (when I'm using Google Groups)
Firefox or Chrome.

For Tim's benefit, the explanation he's referring to is at the beginning
of what is (currently) the very last message on the "Call to a function"
thread, posted by me with a Date: header of Tue, 23 Jan 2024 14:19:09 -0500.