Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<ut0ans$ug9$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net>

From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@tnetconsulting.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mail.imap,news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: IMAP NNTP gateway
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:11:08 -0500

On 3/14/24 07:18, kyonshi wrote:
> I was thinking of using my raspberry as a mail server, which made me
> think: is there a way to get nntp newsgroups via IMAP?

I don't remember what IMAP server it was, but I know that one I've
looked at in the past did provide access to the news spool on the server
using a separate news name space.

It might have been Cyrus, but the little bit I've read about this
evening doesn't jive with what I remember.  Reading this evening makes
me think that Cyrus wants to be the NNTP server to receive the articles.
  Conversely I remember reading about an IMAP server that accessed a
different news daemon's news spool, ostensibly a traditional spool
(tradspool) for INN.

--
Grant. . . .