Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu3umm.eho.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

From: Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: hamster
Date: 28 Mar 2024 13:26:58 GMT

kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/2024 2:20 PM, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> > floffy@gallaxial.com <floffy@gallaxial.com> wrote:

> >> I use the old Winhlp32 from a WinXP it's Working , But Documentation
> >> is simplest (english)
> >
> >    Just give yourself some time to learn. Trust me, it's worth it. I've
> > been using Hamster for two decades now (before that, INN on a Real UNIX
> > TM system).
>
> How is it actually used, I had a brief look at it but it seemed somewhat
> complicated. Is it like leafnode on unixoid systems?

  I have not used Leafnode, but it is probably similar. Both are just a
'proxy' server. To your newsreader, Hamster looks like a news server. To
your real news server, i.e. in your case Eternal September, Hamster
looks like a newsreader.

  I just had a look at the Help (for Hamster Classic) and I think you
should start with (assuming you already installed Hamster itself), or at
least can use the Help file):

  Help -> Contents -> (optionally: A short introduction) -> Installation