Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uutqjm$2ne52$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: Fwd: Backup power supply
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:56:06 +0100

On 07/04/2024 10:20, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 09:55:32 +0100
> The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I was attracted by the open source nature of its software, however there
>> are an awful lot of knobs to twiddle on the slicers.
>
> 	You will eventually want to come to a deep and meaningful
> understanding of pretty much all of them,

I feared as much :-(

>but they should have sane
> defaults to get you going, then it's a matter of learning what to tweak to
> fix which defect.
Indeed. I take it that the applied tweaks can be stored both in the
resultant G code file, fir that specific object, and in terms of a
generic sort of configuration like
"Creality-K1-PLA-print-with-deep-overhangs"

> 	My upgrade plans got put on hold - and now they're talking about
> the V-Core 4 coming soon.

well it seems to me that rather as with gearheads in music, its more
important to play the instruments you have than constantly seek to
acquire better ones.