Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv3lvm$9pte$1@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: What do I need to go with a Pi 4
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:13:58 +0100

On 09/04/2024 14:11, Chris Green wrote:
> Adrian <bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> wrote:
>> I'm currently running a Pi2, which has a BME280 (via a hat) and a SSD
>> attached to it.  The Pi is now starting to struggle to generate graphs
>> for my home website, so I'm thinking of swapping it for a Pi4.  A
>> rummage online doesn't seem to fully answer my questions.
>>
> If you're buying the Pi4 then why not go for a Pi5, there's very
> little difference in the price.

nearly twice the price for entry level.

> I've run two Pi4 systems without heatsink or fan for a very long time
> with no issues at all.  I've just looked at one of them, it's been
> running at least since May 2023.  As I understand it anyway the
> system will simply slow down if it thinks it's getting too hot.

AIUI that is the case

When you are using it in 'burst mode' to do something compute intense it
will get hot.

But not that hot... :-)

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels