Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv889b$1j56v$1@dont-email.me>

From: nev young <newsforpasiphae1953@yahoo.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: relay modules?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:50:51 +0100

On 10/04/2024 11:50, Mike Scott wrote:
> Hi all. Two separate projects which will need a relay of some sort to
> run from a Pi or similar.
>
> I'm really looking for something plug-and-go rather than build-your-own
> (especially item 2 below)
>
> First is a dpdt relay to switch around 12-20 V at a couple of amps. spdt
> are easy to come by; the only dpdt ones I've found are on aliexpress,
> but their longevity is possibly open to question :-{

a bank of 4 SPST relays will do the job if you wire them thoughtfully.
e.g.
https://tinyurl.com/4vw34usb

> Second is something to switch mains safely - a full 13A to run a 3kW
> heater. I've drawn a blank: best I can think of is to butcher one of
> those wireless mains switch modules, which would at least provide a good
> isolation gap :-)

I use one of these to control my 3kW immersion heater to soak up excess
solar power.
https://tinyurl.com/mv4az28r

They're reasonably easy to reprogram to run from your own wifi.
e.g. https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3912748-30.html

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse