Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv8bun$1k8fn$4@dont-email.me>

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: Fwd: Backup power supply
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 10:53:27 +0100

On 10/04/2024 15:07, TimS wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2024 at 14:15:07 BST, "Lars Poulsen" <lars@beagle-ears.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/6/2024 1:32 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>>> On 05/04/2024 22:08, Lars Poulsen wrote:

>>> I think I will print a small nuclear reactor on my 3D printer and go off
>>> grid entirely :-) :-)
>>>
>> How large is your 3 printer? Do you know of a power generator that fits
>> in a cubic foot? (Thermal, maybe? like what NASA uses for inerplanetary
>> probes?)
>
> Only if your printer can print plutonium-238.

Any inkjet can print *that*,  but as Shakespeare's Hotspur says 'does it
then go critical...?'

William Shakespeare
“I can call the spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come, when you do call for them?”

― William Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part 1

--
I was brought up to believe that you should never give offence if you
can avoid it; the new culture tells us you should always take offence if

Sir Roger Scruton