Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v00uqn$325p1$6@dont-email.me>

From: The Bjornsdottirs - Lightning <zerda@umbrellix.net>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Young people peering
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:42:47 -0000 (UTC)

Understand that we don't believe we would necessarily fail.

Instead, the values of this network do not and cannot align with my
values.

This is why I am demotivated. The technical challenge is surmountable,
almost easy, in my estimation. I recommend everyone give it a go, at least
to start a private, non-Usenet NNTP forum. The social challenge makes me
wonder if I should not instead try to come to command an army and destroy
the entire network, collateral damage be damned.

When I come across Usenet admins, they cannot clearly say that they will
ban and filter anyone they come across committing harassment, nor that
they will institute a code of conduct which is actively antifascist,
because the values of the network are not actively antifascist and in fact
tend towards calling antifascists whiners.

As of Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:35:54 +0000, in message
c433b7d454b6df388df6d6028084ac9b@www.novabbs.org, Retro Guy

--
Lightning Bjornsson <dragon.nntp@chatspeed.net> - Member Switchposters
United for Justice - <https://spufj.trd.is./>

Some people don't like multiline signatures. I kindly request that they
keep their concerns in their own brains. Usenet isn't what it used to be.
The servers are more powerful, have more storage, and have faster uplinks
in even the worst cases. Long sigs can't hurt you anymore.