Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v02v1i$29kon$1@news.trigofacile.com>

From: =?UTF-8?Q?Julien_=C3=89LIE?= <iulius@nom-de-mon-site.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: power loss while receiving news
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 13:58:42 +0200

Hi Nigel,

>> I'm in a situation where I've been receiving an innxmit feed to
>> populate a new news server.
>>
>> Unfortunately, after 992GB, we had a power outage and my UPS died
>> without a clean shutdown.
>>
>> Now, I'm paranoid my index is corrupt and not sure what to do about
>> it.
>>
>> I'm using cfs on this new system.
>>

> To add more detail. I am definitely missing some articles.
>
> $ grephistory '<q34v5519vru4fco5d14eradn3iksal3ihr@4ax.com>'|sm
> sm: could not retrieve @03024359434E475331000F8053BA00000001@
>

> I have to got back 675 lines in the logfile before I am able to
> retrieve an article.

I would then just suggest to run again innxmit on the sending server for
these 675 articles.
Yet, the number of missing articles seems high.  The CNFS headers are
updated every 25 articles by default.  Did you change the cycbuffupdate
setting in cycbuff.conf?  (Or do you have lots of cyclic buffers, as the
refresh is related to each buffer, separately?)

grephistory gets information from the history file which is flushed
every 10 articles by default (icdsynccount setting in inn.conf).

Overview data is usually written less frequently on disk; it depends on
the overview storage method you are using (after each article arrival
for tradindexed, according to the transrowlimit and transtimelimit
settings in ovsqlite.conf for ovsqlite, the txn_nosync setting in
ovdb.conf for ovdb, and the ovflushcount setting in inn.conf for
buffindexed).

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Les ordinateurs dans le futur ne pèseront peut-être pas plus de 1,5
   tonne. » (Popular Mechanics, 1949)