Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v03neg$a4g8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de>
Newsgroups: news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: [OFFTOPIC] Censorship is good, actually. If you don't like that
 fact, maybe you should commit some client-side censorship, otherwise known
 as the killfile.
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 20:55:11 +0200
	<v02mpc$7ji9$1@dont-email.me>
	<7768d8e1381741affcf783eff0e6026d@www.novabbs.org>

On 21.04.2024 um 10:56 Uhr Retro Guy wrote:

> Marco Moock wrote:
>
> > On 21.04.2024 um 09:45 Uhr Sn!pe wrote:
>
> >> I find it hard to believe that genuine new users of Usenet might
> >> sincerely hold such regressive, trollish views.  If "cancel
> >> culture" takes root in Usenet one might as well be on Twitter.
>
> > In my age group (Gen Z), such views are widespread.
>
> I've noticed that. The acceptance that a person would want someone
> else to decide for them what they can and can not read seems so
> foreign to me.

For me too, but many of them have exactly that.

> Is it fear of alternative views?

Sometimes, because they fear of racism, right-wing content etc.

> What do you feel is the main reason some people want views they
> disagree with to be removed from society?

Control over the debate. In some people's "worlds" opinion too far
from their own must not exist.
Some people I know have a huge problem when they are in a debate and
people have a completely contrary opinion about a certain topic,
especially in politics.

--
kind regards
Marco