Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<young-20240417133506@ram.dialup.fu-berlin.de>

From: ram@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering,news.software.nntp
Subject: Re: Young people peering
Date: 17 Apr 2024 12:42:41 GMT

Kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote or quoted:
>define young.

  I reckon it boils down to this:

  Folks live to be around 75 years old, then kick the bucket.

  Now, that number "75" kinda naturally lends itself to
  a three-way split, if you catch my drift, at 25 and 50.

  That means: until you hit 25, you're still young,
  and once you hit 50, you're old.

  When you hit the big 5-0, you're starin' down the barrel of the
  last leg of this here life journey, the pre-mortal phase,
  if you will. This is your last hurrah, your final shot at
  checkin' off all those items on your bucket list - you know, like
  finally gettin' around to setting up your very own Usenet server,
  if that's what's been ticklin' your fancy all these years.

  Now, I know what you're thinkin' - "But Stefan, I'm no spring
  chicken anymore, how the heck am I supposed to pull off some
  high-tech Usenet shenanigans at this stage of the game?"

  Well, let me tell you, age ain't nothin' but a number, my friend.
  If the fire's still burnin' in your belly, you gotta seize the
  day and make it happen, no matter how long in the tooth you might
  be. So, what are you waitin' for? Quit yer bellyachin' and get to
  work on that Usenet server, before the ol' ticker gives out and
  you miss your chance to cross it off the list. Time's a-wastin',
  and you ain't gettin' any younger, ya hear?

  Now, let me circle back to that last message I sent in this
  here discussion thread:

  I was just tryin' to paint a picture of what I reckon the young'uns
  these days think about the Usenet, not spoutin' off my own two
  cents, 'cause shoot, I ain't no spring chicken myself anymore.