Deutsch   English   Franšais   Italiano
<8CBA.53D8281BB0luutrangeocitiescom@news.mindspring.com>

From: "Luu Tran" <luutran@geocities_.com>
Subject: Re: Is NewsXpress officially dead yet?
Date: 1998/08/19
Newsgroups: news.software.readers

"Dima Klenchin" klenchin@facstaff.REMOVE_TO_REPLY.wisc.edu wrote in
<6r768s$1oc_008@doit.wisc.edu>:

> After all these years, still not a single word on development.
> Got to the point where there are no messages concerning
> NX in the group... What a f*#&*@$ shame!
>
>         - Dima

Ken Ng has moved on to bigger and better things.  I don't know if he can
even be reached at the same e-mail address.

This may or may not be the answer to your wishes, but you can check out a
newsreader I've written to replace NX (also my favorite) for my own use.
It has similar looks and feels to NX and has score file and binaries
decoding.  Basically I implemented features I like, add some I want to see
in NX, and left out those I never or rarely use.  You can d/l the file here

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9860/xnews.zip  (~450K)

There's a screen shot here

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9860/xnews.jpg

It's freeware, use at your own risk, etc etc.

--
  luu
Please remove the underscore _ in my address when replying by email