Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0hfab$3vjo8$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D simulated by H never halts no matter what H does
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 19:02:18 -0500
 <uvrbvs$2acf7$1@dont-email.me> <uvs70t$1h01f$1@i2pn2.org>
 <uvsgcl$2i80k$1@dont-email.me> <uvsj4v$1h01e$1@i2pn2.org>
 <uvubo2$34nh3$1@dont-email.me> <uvvsap$3i5q8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v00mf6$3nu0r$1@dont-email.me> <v02gu5$6quf$1@dont-email.me>
 <v038om$bitp$2@dont-email.me> <v05b0k$sivu$1@dont-email.me>
 <v05r5e$vvml$2@dont-email.me> <v05vl4$1165d$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0679k$12sq2$1@dont-email.me> <v07r2j$1h57l$1@dont-email.me>
 <v08gn4$1lpta$2@dont-email.me> <v0ag7u$27jkb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0b8np$2d4ja$1@dont-email.me> <v0c317$2538n$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v0c7fn$2k0tc$1@dont-email.me> <v0d3h1$2t938$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0doho$31mkn$2@dont-email.me> <v0forg$3j1dk$1@dont-email.me>
 <v0ghhm$3oudg$2@dont-email.me> <v0gk5q$2a19r$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v0gmrt$3qd6i$1@dont-email.me>

On 4/26/2024 12:05 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/26/2024 11:19 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Thus when H(D,D) correctly reports that its input D(D) cannot possibly
>>> reach its own line 6 and halt no matter what H does then H can abort its
>>> input and report that its input D(D) does not halt.
>>
>> But since the program D(D) DOES reach its own line 6 when run, because
>> H aborts its simulation and return 0 (since that is what you say this
>> H will do), your statement is PROVEN TO BE A LIE, and you "logic" just
>> a collection of contradictions.
>>

> D simulated by H cannot possibly reach its own line 06 thus when we do
> not use the strawman deception to refer to a different D then we know
> that D simulated by H never halts.
>

>>> The fact that the D(D) executed in main does halt is none of H's
>>> business because H is not allowed to report on the behavior of its
>>> caller.
>>>

>> In other words, H doesn't need to report on the Behavior of the
>> Program described by its input because it isn't actually a Halt
>> Decider, because you are just a LIAR.
>>

> Anyone knowing the theory of computation knows that H is not allowed to
> report on the behavior of its caller.
>
> In computability theory and computational complexity theory, an
> undecidable problem is a decision problem for which it is proved to be
> impossible to construct an algorithm that always leads to a correct yes-
> or-no answer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undecidable_problem
>
> The behavior of the simulated D(D) before H aborts its simulation is
> different than the behavior of the executed D(D) after H has aborted
> its simulation.
>
> Every time that a simulated input would never stop running unless
> aborted the simulating termination analyzer must abort this simulation
> to prevent its own infinite execution.
>
> H(D,D) is a case of this H1(D,D) is not a case of this even though
> the only difference between H and H1 is that D calls H and D does
> not call H1.
>
> D simulated by H would never stop running unless aborted and cannot
> possibly reach its own line 06 and halt no matter what H does.
>
> Thus whenever we do not use the strawman deception to refer to a
> different D we know that D simulated by H specifies a non-halting
> sequence of configurations to H.

*This might be a more succinct way of summing that up*
When you understand that D simulated by H cannot possibly reach past its
own line 03 (thus cannot possibly halt) no matter what H does and

you understand that it is incorrect for H to report on the behavior of
its caller: void main() { D(D); } then this necessitates

H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D specifies a
non-halting sequence of configurations.