Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v31vc0$1efi$2@dont-email.me>

From: Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: OT: The "vaccine" that just keeps on giving.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2024 08:46:53 -0400

On 2024-05-27 8:17 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-05-27, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
>> On 2024-05-26 3:17 p.m., vallor wrote:

>>> Damnation doctrine is spiritual terrorism.
>>>
>>> You should consider why you would think such a hateful thing,
>>> and if you're honest with yourself, be ashamed.
>>
>> Catholic teaching is clear about the consequences of suicide or
>> euthanasia. I also don't believe that the people who advocate for
>> abortion and simultaneously think that euthanasia or suicide is neat
>> have any kind of grasp on morality.
>
> But Catholicism also teaches us not to judge whether someone is damned or
> not — that's up to God. For a sin to be mortal it requires that it be a
> grave matter (check), with full knowledge and deliberate consent. Grayson
> Murray was a Christian, but I don't know if he was Catholic (and even if he
> was Catholic, Vatican II Catholicism does a terrible job of teaching the
> doctrines of the Faith now). It's questionable whether he had full knowledge
> and deliberately consented to what he might not have known was a mortal sin.
> And, if he suffered mental health issues, it's questionable whether he was
> even able to give deliberate consent with full knowledge. If you have mental
> health issues you're probably not going to be able to think clearly about
> the consequences of your actions.
>
> I would definitely pray for his soul. God is not a legalistic Pharisee.
>
> As for the "damnation doctrine" being "spiritual terrorism," it's actually
> not. It's how people become cognizant to the fact that there are
> consequences for their evil actions. Without justice there can be no mercy.
> And mercy is not hard to obtain. It does require humility, however. The
> cardinal sin of Satan was pride.

I'm not judging him for his act; I'm simply pointing out that it was a
bad one considering what the consequences are. What I am most interested
in discovering is what his illness was, and whether it was something
brought on by a certain "safe and effective" product.

--
Andrzej (Andre) Matuch
TG: @AndrzejMatuch