Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0001HW.2C00027D02E5140C30B66938F@news.giganews.com>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 16:02:21 -0700
From: Pluted Pup <plutedpup@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: Considering the feelings of felons
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv

On Thu, 23 May 2024 14:31:52 -0700, moviePig wrote:

> > > Does it help to point out there *is* a difference between "offenders"
> > > and "justice-impacted individuals"? Hint: think of parole boards who
> > > refuse to free a model prisoner as long as he maintains his innocence...

That's the fault of the parole board, not the law, for not
considering that it is possible for a person to have
been unjustly imprisoned.

I'll bet the typical "innocent" argument you're talking
isn't like that at all but is more of "the crime I
committed should never be prosecuted because the
Law Is Unjust", or, in other words, "because the bitch
deserved it."

> > Just say you're guilty to get out, then tell anyone who will listen that
> > you're really innocent and you only said you were guilty to gain your
> > freedom.
> >
> > Of course such people aren't who the politically correct lunatics in the
> > legislature are referring to and you know it. They're talking about the
> > run-of-the-mill shitbag who commits crime, gets caught, prosecuted,
> > convicted, and imprisoned. The hearts of these politicians inexplicably
> > bleed for such people and rather than worrying about how their victims
> > are coping with the violence and loss that have been inflicted on them,
> > the pols sit around and think up new jargon to soft-pedal who it is
> > these shitbags really are.
>
> I've no reason to doubt that, as I've been told, prisoners routinely
> profess their innocence to each other.

What inmates are you talking about? Inmates *brag*
to each other about the crimes they committed.

> And since we know by now that
> *sometimes* they're right, we have to admit that some prisoners are
> indeed "taking one for the team" in order for us (including them and
> their families) to reap the stability our justice system provides.

I doubt any inmate appreciates being an inmate.