Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1bvu0jl90je2vev5j8ea7bkfoiegneeeri@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 00:30:11 -0400
References: <IIydnQDcmb30Epb7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com> <1437748060.733782420.649436.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <p15q0j9t7p6v9oqg3912hnsj625l5uubah@4ax.com> <uuj99h$3rnmp$1@dont-email.me> <17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com> <17c30bdfdd7e92cd$124383$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com> <17c31d4bca8886e3$33222$111488$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com> <uuniva$vmua$1@dont-email.me> <17c34296ab7bef96$51967$3384359$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:51:36 -0400, moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

>On 4/4/2024 9:09 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> "Not enough" is much more subjective than "zero".
>>>
>> I have the feeling the dog was walking up to the InstaCart person
>> looking for a scritch or petting.
>
>Frankly, I do too.  Otoh, my personal bias is that any grownup should be
>willing to endure some minor mauling rather than to open fire.

The sad thing is you can't always tell what the dog is going to do. I
run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs
are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like
they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by
but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to
always be cautious when going to pet a dog even though the owner is
right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the
dog wants to take a nip.

That said I can't imagine why the guy is running around with a gun. If
he's just worried about pets attacking him a gun is massive overkill
when something like pepper spray would do the job and not cause
permanent harm or death.