Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu1cdj$2tf4m$1@dont-email.me>

From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: You Have No Worth: GNU/Linux Problem
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:02:14 -0400

On 3/27/2024 9:46 AM, Tyrone wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2024 at 4:53:07 PM EDT, "Farley Flud" <ff@linux.rocks> wrote:
>
>> This group seems to be infested with blowhards who don't
>> know shit.
>>
>> Well, let's prove it.
>>
>> I have a question, problem, issue, or what-the-fuck-ever.
>>
>> On my standalone, desktop workstation I use PDNSD as a
>> caching nameserver.  (If your distro doesn't have it then
>> your distro is FUBAR.)
>>
>> My PNSD config file contains the addresses of all the
>> Internet root DNS servers.  There ain't no way in fucking
>> hell that I will use my ISP DNS server.
>>
>> Each time I boot, which, because I use a standalone desktop
>> workstation, is daily, I will check the Internic fundamental
>> "named.root" file for any changes to the root addresses:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.internic.net/domain/named.root
>>
>> Usually, there are none.  But lately my check has registered
>> changes to the date of file service only.
>>
>> Why does ICANN report a change to the fundamental "named.root"
>> when only the service date has changed?
>>
>> Huh?  Why?

You didn't quote:

"C'mon you advocate phonies.  Answer the fucking question or
else get the fuck out and join the Facebook Girl Scout page.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!  Fucking deadbeat phonies!"

> You are such a fucking fool.   The page where you copied all of this nonsense:
>
> <https://alt.os.linux.narkive.com/eviIUtfq/why-does-named-root-change-with-no-changes>
>
> answers the question:
>
> "The named.root file is effectively a very small ancillary piece of DNS.
> As such, it's trivial to update it if / when other parts of the DNS root
> change.
>
> Think about it this way. You tell make to rebuild files (like
> named.root) any time other source files (like the root zone) is updated.
> It doesn't matter if the contents that go in the target file
> (named.root) change or not. The process causes a new target file to be
> created.
>
> So when the root zone file is updated (new TLD, or existing TLD
> nameserver changes, or DNSSEC data changes) the associated named.root
> file will /also/ be updated. It's a cascading effect, even if the
> contents of the named.root file doesn't substantially change."

Good bust!

Feeb asks about updates to the Root Hints file on alt.os.linux, then 3
years later comes to cola to label everyone a "blowhard phony" that
might not know what he also didn't know.

He's the blowhard phony, as usual.

Give me C, simple and unchanging C, and I shall bury these Microslop
   cronies
_I_ am the true innovator

> When are you going to grow up?

He's early 40's and lives in Mom's basement, so don't expect much.