Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv762o$185eq$1@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 19:07:03 -0400

On 4/7/24 4:01 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-06 19:34, -hh wrote:
>> On 4/2/24 11:20 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>>> David Brooks <applefanboy@btinternet.com> wrote at 08:27 this Tuesday
>>> (GMT):

>>> No way...that's actually insane. Even something as restricted as
>>> ChromeOS provides that option in the settings.
>>
>> There's invariably going to be elements of any UI that aren't
>> changeable (see car steering wheel for which way it turns), but within
>> computer software there's far fewer actual physical restrictions.
>>
>> Overall, it is a "less freedom", but it also seems  likely that MS
>> paid attention to how few users actually chose to invert the control
>> of the wheel.  Wonder if anyone actually has user UI statistics on that?
>
> If MS paid attention how many people inverted a control they can only
> invert on Windows, H?

I think it really comes down to how many MS software developers actually
want that feature for themselves, such that they'll DIY it (or put in
the change request, etc).

> Would that be a little bit like paying attention to the number of users
> that used a mouse back when MS-DOS had no support for one?
>
> :-)

More like how Apple's Disk Utility abolished its ability to support RAID
in one of the OSX updates ... and then was surprised that their
tech-savvy customers screamed.

-hh