Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvmjmt$140d2$1@dont-email.me>

From: dsi100@yahoo.com (dsi1)
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Friday night supper
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 20:48:34 +0000

D wrote:

> On Sat, 18 May 2024, cshenk wrote:

>> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Pan fried cod.  It is the first time I have had cod in years and it
>>> was fantastic.  I can see more cod in my future... depending on
>>> availability.
>>
>> I love and took to butter baking it with a black garlic/sea salt blend.
>> Simple and delicious.
>>

> Cod generally "crushes it" as the young people say. I like it simple
> with
> melted butter and possibly some potatoes.

Cod is good - unless it's been salted and dried and then soaked in lye
until it gets all gooey. I'll be on the lookout for some nice pieces of
cod. It's not that easy to find here. In the Pacific, we mostly get ahi
and fish from the region. Well, that's what I mostly eat. I'll have to
ask my Swedish step-mom about what kind of cod is available in Hawaii.
Here's a plate I made for my wife, I have no idea what kind of fish this
is. The package said it was "fish bones."

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vQnYRWB12E5WENDU6