Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v52ki8$2qv7o$2@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 21:21:12 -0400

On 6/19/24 9:10 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> Machine gun:
>>>
>>>      "...any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily
>>> restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual
>>> reloading, by a single function of the trigger."
>>>
>>> Now, tell me again how either gun in my video doesn't qualify...
>>
>> Because with the bump stock, it's only firing one shot per pull of the
>> trigger. The trigger is just being pulled repeatedly really fast as a
>> result of rebounding recoil caused by the bump stock. The bumper rocks
>> the rifle back and forth against the shooter's trigger finger, causing a
>> separate trigger pull each time. The statute you quoted above clearly
>> says "by a SINGLE function of the trigger". If you shoot 100 rounds with
>> a bump stock, you've got 100 functions of the trigger, not a single
>> function of the trigger.
>
> Yes, you are definitely technically correct. (The best kind.) That
> said you can see why people consider the bump stock to be the
> equivalent of turning a weapon into an equal to a machine gun. It
> isn't a machine gun but it ends throwing lead down field much like
> one. I think eventually the law will be updated to include bump stocks
> but who knows how long that will take. As no one who was involved in
> writing the original  act likely foresaw the possibility of a bump
> stock.

Both still require the same action.  A single trigger pull, with
constant pressure.  The law doesn't specify anything more than "a single
function of the trigger."

How are either different?

--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony
counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0