Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v52n7s$2v630$4@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 22:06:51 -0400
 <atropos-35247F.16282619062024@news.giganews.com>
 <s6077jpsl679hmse4jdbsf9eg38a9pf6qt@4ax.com> <v52ki8$2qv7o$2@dont-email.me>
 <atropos-0C76E1.18474220062024@news.giganews.com>

On 6/20/24 9:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v52ki8$2qv7o$2@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Yes, you are definitely technically correct. (The best kind.) That
>>> said you can see why people consider the bump stock to be the
>>> equivalent of turning a weapon into an equal to a machine gun. It
>>> isn't a machine gun but it ends throwing lead down field much like
>>> one. I think eventually the law will be updated to include bump stocks
>>> but who knows how long that will take. As no one who was involved in
>>> writing the original act likely foresaw the possibility of a bump
>>> stock.
>>>
>> Both still require the same action. A single trigger pull, with
>> constant pressure.
>
> Which isn't the standard under the law. The law's standard is a "single
> function of the trigger". As I said above, if you shoot 100 rounds with
> a bump stock, you've got 100 functions of the trigger, not a single
> function of the trigger.
>
> A semi-auto rifle physically can't fire more than one round with a
> single function of the trigger. It's impossible for a semi-auto rifle to
> meet the definition of "machine gun" under the NFA.

You keep glossing over the fact that both machine guns and bump stocks
require the same action.

Why?

Both require a single trigger pull followed by constant pressure.
The only difference is in the mechanics.

The intent of the law was to prevent people from possessing a weapon
that could spray a great number of bullets indiscriminately.

--
On May 30, 2024 Donald J. Trump was unanimously convicted on 34 felony
counts in New York City... so I took this picture in my side yard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0